Evolving or not applies to our success in 2018.
It applies to your organization that offers fitness, and it applies to your customer’s fitness program. If we evolve and adapt, we will grow.
Because of its major impact, Evolution is the keyword for us to focus on in 2018.
Your patron has never had more choices. Recent information tells us that a significant number of them have memberships at more than 1 facility.
Think about it. Consumers have never had more choices for anything. Appliances, Smartphones, Internet providers, cars, banks…the list goes on and on. Fitness falls into this category.
What will your organization do, or continue to do in 2018 that will help them with these choices?
How will your organization evolve?
We can learn from the organizations that are growing.
• Some offering fitness are focused on programming.
• Some are focused on variety, while others are focused on a few choices, keeping it simple.
• Some are integrated with technology, some want to stay away.
• Some are focused on small group training, some put more focus on 1 on 1 training.
• Some cater to wide variety of the market, some are focused on a target audience.
• Some are focused on social media as a form of outreach, some want to avoid it.
• Some are focused on high-intensity interval training, some want to explore other options.
The answer for your organization lies in what your customers want and need.
It also lies in the vision and mission you have.
What do you stand for?
Who do you want to serve?
The organizations with clear lines defining who they want to serve and how, are the ones that are winning.
5 years ago, 10 years ago, organizations offering fitness did not need to clearly define this. However, with time, maturing of the industry and the level of competition and choice for your consumer….…means it needs to be defined.
If you don’t define who you want to serve (And don’t say everybody!), then you will lose.
An evolution plan is critical.
Who will you serve and how?
Simple, yet not easy.
At STAK Fitness/Matrix Canada, our evolution plan is to be knowledgeable and accountable to you – our client. Our success is measured by knowing what works in offering fitness. For us, it comes down to 4-5 categories of choices to help you with your evolution plan.
We had a tremendous 2017, thank you for that. That validates that we are on the right track.
For help on an evolution plan, contact us.
Let’s make 2018 an evolved year!
Greg Lawlor is VP of Sales and Customer Experience at STAK Fitness/Matrix Canada.